Wednesday, December 28, 2005
The apocalyptic prognosticators had their usual great year.
SEERS. It's been an exciting and traumatic 12 months. So many things happened that it's doubtful any of us remembers them all. That's why we thought it would be a public service to review the more spectacular predictions of psychics and seers that came true in 2005 (h/t aspie, astrology.com, and other dogged futurists on the web.)
For example, do you remember:
1. How sad it was that the shuttle was unable to land safely last summer? ("Colonel" Ed Dames)
2. The outbreak of a U.S. civil war so violent that it became like a continuous series of Waco/Ruby Ridge incidents? (time traveller John Titor and Brando Cano)
3. The long dreaded reestablishment of the draft by the war mongers in the Bush administration? (Sean David Morton and Hans King)
4. The deaths of Saddam Hussein (just before his trial) and Osama bin Laden? (Sylvia Browne and Hans King)
5. The numerous volcanic eruptions thoughout the year? (Gordon Michael Scallion)
6. How wonderful it was that Pope John Paul II was cured of his bout with illness in April? (Father Wingate and Hans King).
7. The manipulation of oil prices that prevented gas from rising more than $0.50/gal in 2005 despite the numerous terrorist attacks on U.S. cities? (Hans King)
8. The conviction of Michael Jackson for various crimes? (Brando Cano and Queen Mother)
9. How New York won the right to host the 2012 Olympics? That was way cool. (Sean David Morton)
10. And, oh yeah, how about the terrible stock market crash and the way George Bush left office before year end? (Kent Boxberger)
Well, even if you don't remember all that, some of the stuff they predicted happened -- bad weather, continued evil deeds by the Bush administration, more deaths in Iraq, as well as ups and downs in the stock market and the economy. On the whole an impressive year for a set of folks who all failed utterly to predict 9/11. We tried to find more evidence of accurate 2005 predictions from solid performers like Psychic Fred, Kim O'Neill, Lona Holland, and Michelle Avanti, Grassy Knoll Predicitions, and Evelyn Hare, but they appear to have moved on already to the new year.
If we can find out what the gang is foretelling for 2006, we'll be back at you with it soon. So you can get ready. For all the stuff that's certain to happen. Next year.